Huntsville Fire says the fire began in the single-family home about 8:45 a.m. Tuesday.
Mike Dodson, district chief, said five people have been displaced but do have somewhere else to stay.
He said shorted out wiring behind a freezer is likely the cause of the fire.
Huntsville Fire and Rescue has multiple units on the scene of a structure fire at 3715 Westdale Court.
Please avoid this area.
Stay with WAAY 31 on air and WAAYTV.com online for more information as we get it.
- Multiple Huntsville Fire units respond to structure fire
- Multiple Huntsville Fire units sent to structure fire in South Huntsville
- Huntsville Fire responds to 'total loss' Levert Street structure fire
- Huntsville Fire sends multiple units to Overleaf Point house fire
- Multiple units respond to house fire on Hicks Avenue in Huntsville
- Multiple units respond to house fire on South Broad Place in Huntsville
- Huntsville fire: Abandoned home destroyed in structure fire
- Huntsville Fire responds to early morning fire
- Huntsville fire crews respond to apartment fire
- Structure catches fire in Pisgah