UPDATE: Huntsville Fire and Rescue says the time of call was 6:18 p.m. Monday, and eight units responded.
Sixteen apartments were evacuated, and Red Cross is helping the people affected.
No one was injured.
The department says fire damage was limited to two apartments, but there is roof and electrical damage.
We’re told the cause of the fire was accidental due to an unattended wood-burning fireplace.
Huntsville Fire and Rescue says multiple units are at the scene of a structure fire in the 3700 block of University Drive, near Oster Drive NW.
The department sent an alert about the fire around 6:30 p.m. Monday.
People are urged to avoid the area.