After some heavy rain yesterday, mainly west of I-65, those same locations have seen another round of storms this morning. Heavy rain and frequent lightning have been plaguing the Shoals and portions of Limestone and Lawrence Counties so far...all locations in the Tennessee Valley have a chance for storms today, too.
There is no threat for severe weather, but there is a bit of concern for flooding as locations see a repeat of Sunday heavy rain again today. Storms stay scattered through the afternoon and evening. Temperatures will be impacted by the rain and clouds. Actual highs only reach the upper 80s, but it will be uncomfortably humid today and part of tomorrow.
Conditions change behind a cold front that passes Tuesday afternoon. You'll really notice a difference behind the front during the morning hours Wednesday and Thursday. Lows will be near 70 Wednesday and in the upper 60s by the end of the week. Afternoon highs still hit the lower 90s under a mostly sunny sky. For the most part, storm chances hold off until Friday as yet another front approaches the Valley.
- Muggy Monday, periods of rain and storms
- Periods of rain and storms continue Friday
- Muggy & warm with showers
- Muggy and stormy Saturday
- Periods of rain and some strong storms Saturday
- Periods of rain and storms through the weekend
- Muggy with a few showers
- Periods Of Rain Continue Through Tuesday
- Periods of heavy rain and thunderstorms Thursday
- Still muggy today, relief on the way