Photo Gallery 1 Images
According to Moulton Police Chief Lyndon McWhorter, an officer pulled Destiny Gholston over on Franklin Smith Road on Tuesday afternoon for improper lane usage.
When officers pulled the suspect over, they smelled marijuana and ended up finding 9 pounds of it in the car. McWhorter said this is one of the biggest marijuana busts the department has had in recent memory.
Gholston was charged with trafficking marijuana, driving with a suspended license and improper lane usage. She was taken to the Lawrence County Jail and later bonded out on $10,000.
- Moulton Police find 9 pounds of marijuana during traffic stop
- Police using all resources to find missing teenager from Moulton
- Traffic alert: State troopers responding to Moulton wreck with injuries
- Historic fire doesn't stop annual Strawberry Festival in Moulton
- PHOTOS: Decatur police seize 38 pounds of marijuana
- Three arrested after police found a pound of marijuana
- Madison police officer hurt in traffic stop
- Huntsville traffic stop finds Madison County rape, incest suspect
- Morgan County sheriff: Laceys Spring traffic stop finds pills, paraphernalia
- Police: Hunter stops Moulton theft suspect by holding him at gunpoint