Photo Gallery 1 Images
According to Moulton Police Chief Lyndon McWhorter, an officer pulled Destiny Gholston over on Franklin Smith Road on Tuesday afternoon for improper lane usage.
When officers pulled the suspect over, they smelled marijuana and ended up finding 9 pounds of it in the car. McWhorter said this is one of the biggest marijuana busts the department has had in recent memory.
Gholston was charged with trafficking marijuana, driving with a suspended license and improper lane usage. She was taken to the Lawrence County Jail and later bonded out on $10,000.
- Moulton Police find 9 pounds of marijuana during traffic stop
- PHOTOS: Decatur police seize 38 pounds of marijuana
- Three arrested after police found a pound of marijuana
- Police: Hunter stops Moulton theft suspect by holding him at gunpoint
- Police find 17 pounds of heroin in drug bust
- Moulton police respond to criticism of investigation into missing woman
- Chase leads Moulton Police to drugs and money, suspect escaped
- Man taken to hospital after standoff with Moulton Police
- Suspect arrested on multiple charges after chase with Moulton police
- Moulton woman killed in wreck near Decatur