Emergency crews responded Tuesday around 12:30 p.m. to a wreck at Hobbs Island Road in Huntsville after a motorcyclist left the roadway, crashing into a field.
A wrecker responded to the scene to tow the motorcycle, and the driver was taken to the hospital by Huntsville Emergency Medical Services Inc. He has injuries, but officials are not sure of the extent. Troopers said they believe he'll survive, and he was up and talking when they arrived.
The wreck happened on Hobbs Island Road, heading towards Owens Cross Roads. Most of the damage is to the front wheel of the motorcycle. Troopers don't know if the biker was run off the road or just skidded into the field.
- Motorcyclist taken to hospital after wreck at Hobbs Island Road in Huntsville
- Hobbs Island Road at Russell Drive closed after wreck
- Update: 1 hurt in Hobbs Island Road wreck
- Hobbs Island Road in Huntsville closed because of flooding
- Motorcyclist killed in wreck
- Huntsville police: Arab man killed in Memorial Parkway, Hobbs Island Road crash
- Wreck blocks portion of Memorial Parkway at Hobbs Road
- Motorcyclist hospitalized after wreck on Highway 431
- Investigation underway after car crashes into Hobbs Island business
- Traffic alert: Flooding closes part of Hobbs Island Road, Cecil Ashburn detour