UPDATE: The victim was 16-year-old Isaac Seeds-Sack, from Huntsville. The crash involved three vehicles in total.
Huntsville Police say the driver of the Huntsville Utilities truck was driving westbound on Oakwood Avenue, approaching Grace Street. He pulled into the turn lane and stopped to yield before turning south on Grace Street. Another driver was behind him in a Toyota Tacoma.
According to police, the teen on the motorcycle, Seeds-Sack, attempted to pass the Tacoma in the turn lane. That's when police say Seeds-Sack hit the utility truck in the right rear corner. After the collision, the driver of the Toyota Tacoma did not have time to avoid Seeds-Sack and hit him.
Seeds-Sack's family has been notified of his death, and a blood sample was taken from him. There were no signs of impairment from the other two drivers.
WAAY 31 spoke to a friend of Seeds-Sack's, Kristina Parker, who visited the scene of the crash just hours after it occurred. She said she was looking to find anything that may have belonged her friend.
"He was sweet, you know, he would always make somebody laugh," Parker said.
Parker said one of the things she'll remember about Seeds-Sack the most, is his love for bikes. She said he recently bought the bike he was riding when the wreck occurred and that she'd helped him put on his gear the day before.
Parker said she thinks he was likely on his way to class when the wreck happened. According to Huntsville City Schools, he wasn't a student at any of the district's schools.
A motorcyclist is dead after a crash involving a Huntsville Utilities vehicle. It happened shortly before 8 a.m. at Oakwood Avenue and Grace Street.
The male Huntsville Utilities worker was unharmed, and officials told WAAY 31 he will get as much time off and support as needed to cope with the traumatic experience. He was not a new employee.
- UPDATE: Motorcyclist killed in crash with Huntsville Utilities vehicle
- Motorcyclist killed in wreck
- UPDATE: Huntsville Utilities restores power to Meridianville
- Huntsville Utilities proposes rate increase
- Huntsville Utilities explains energy consumption
- UPDATE: Huntsville Utilities responding to Madison power outage
- UPDATE: Huntsville Utilities crews restore power to Southwest Madison Co.
- Vehicle crashes into Huntsville garage; driver flees
- Huntsville Utilities lineman explains Hurricane relief efforts
- Huntsville Utilities warns customers of scam calls