A motorcyclist was rushed to Huntsville Hospital following a wreck early Tuesday morning.
Owens Cross Roads Police said the rider was heading north on Highway 431 near the town limit around 5 a.m. when he lost control of the bike.
Police and fire officials closed part of the northbound lane just north of the post office at the corner of Christian Road for about 50 minutes while they worked the wreck.
The motorcyclist was rushed to the hospital with serious injuries.
Officers told WAAY 31 it was unclear what caused the rider to lose control in the first place. They added that no other vehicles were involved.
- Motorcyclist hospitalized after wreck on Highway 431
- Morning wreck blocks Highway 431 in Hazel Green
- Albertville police officer recovering after rollover wreck on Highway 431
- Huntsville police: Wreck on Highway 431 is causing traffic delays
- Woman critically injured in wreck on Highway 431 in Huntsville
- Motorcyclist killed in wreck
- Madison County Coroner: 1 killed in wreck on Old Big Cove Road at Old Highway 431
- Crossville teen dead after rollover wreck on U.S. 431
- Construction to begin to replace bridges on Old Highway 431
- Motorcyclist taken to hospital after wreck at Hobbs Island Road in Huntsville