Both parents of a Dickson County child reported missing last week are now behind bars.
On Monday, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation arrested Krystal Nicole Daniels, 27, and charged her with Aggravated Child Neglect or Danger.
Back on April 4, her 5-year-old son, Joe Clyde Daniels was reported missing by his parents.
TBI officials said in a statement that the action prompted the Dickson County Sheriff's Office to ask TBI to issue an Endangered Child Alert.
The alert prompted law enforcement agencies along with search and rescue organizations along with citizen volunteers to begin a search for Daniels.
Following a three-day search, investigators determined Daniels father, Joseph Daniels, 28, "intentionally killed his son sometime during the night of April 3rd-4th in the family’s residence and then hid his son’s body."
Joseph Daniels was arrested on April 7 and charged with Criminal Homicide.
According to Nashville ABC-affiliate WKRN, Joe Clyde's body has not been found.
Both of his parents are being held in the Dickson County jail, both with a bond of $1 million.
- Mother of missing 5-year-old charged with child abuse
- Boaz woman charged with drugging 5-year-old
- Florence man charged with child abuse
- Albertville couple charged with abusing small child
- Decatur man charged with child abuse
- Athens man charged with sexually abusing child
- Two men charged with child sex abuse
- Albertville man charged with child abuse
- Accused child abuser faces serious jail time; victim's mother talks
- Parents charged with child abuse in investigation into child's death