Scattered showers from this morning continue to exit east, allowing for mostly dry conditions this afternoon. North Alabama will see peeks of sunshine which will allow for some areas to reach 70 today.
Shower chances and even a few thunderstorms will be possible Wednesday and Thursday but many areas could dry both days. There may even be enough sunshine for some to approach 80.
A cold front will approach North Alabama Friday morning. Expect widespread and sometimes steady, heavy rain with embedded storms. Though this not the best setup for severe weather, isolated strong to severe storms can not be ruled out at this time for Friday morning through Friday afternoon. Timing and strength will change the next couple of days so stay up to date with the latest forecast for Friday.
With consistent rain chances, we can see between 2 and 3 inches of rain over the next week. Most of those rain totals will be in the 48-hours of Thursday morning to Saturday morning. Any flooding threat should be mitigated by the breaks we'll get off and on over the next few days.
- Mostly dry this afternoon, Stronger storms possible later this week
- Hot & dry Friday afternoon
- More afternoon storms Saturday
- Scattered Storms Likely This Afternoon
- Afternoon storms and uncomfortable heat
- Dangerous heat with afternoon storms
- Afternoon storms Friday, warming trend into next week
- Lingering storms Monday, drying out Tuesday
- Dry now, flooding concerns return mid-week
- Dry Sunday, flooding concerns next week