The Morgan County Sheriff's Office says two suspects are in custody after deputies found illegal drugs during a traffic stop on Tuesday on Interstate 65.
The sheriff's office says when a vehicle was pulled over for improper lane usage, deputies found the passenger had active arrests warrants. The department says he dropped a glass pipe from his hand while being arrested.
From @MorganSheriffOffice on Facebook
Falkville police and a Cullman County Sheriff K-9 unit responded to the scene and alerted there was an odor of narcotics, the sheriff's office says. According to the department, a search revealed 2.3 grams of meth and a leafy green substance believed to be marijuana.
Dennis Waddell Jr., 43, of Falkville and Shaun Smith, 29, of Hartselle are charged with possession of a controlled substance. Bond is set at $1,000 each for the suspects.
- Morgan County sheriff says 2 arrested after drugs found during traffic stop
- Traffic stop leads to drug arrest
- 3 arrested for drugs in Morgan County
- Morgan Co. sheriff: Traffic stop leads to chase, man arrested on multiple charges
- Morgan County sheriff: Man reported missing found in Fayette, Alabama
- Traffic stop leads to drug arrest in Jackson Co.
- Decatur police arrest man during traffic stop for drug charges
- DeKalb Co. Sheriff: Man arrested, 121 ecstasy pills found during traffic stop
- Morgan County Sheriff's Office: Man arrested after standoff in Danville
- 28 arrested in Morgan County Sheriff’s Office sweep