The Morgan County Sheriff’s Office says a suspect who got away during a traffic stop is now in custody.
Drug Task Force agents stopped a vehicle last week in southwest Decatur for traffic violations, according to a post on the sheriff’s office Facebook page.
The department says the driver, Keontey Sontaurus Staten, 29, of Decatur fled from the vehicle and eluded police.
The post said a Decatur Police Department K9 officer alerted to the presence of narcotics. This led to the discovery of more than one pound of marijuana. The suspect is facing a possession of marijuana charge.
Read the original story here.
- Morgan County sheriff: Suspect who got away during traffic stop now in custody
- Sheriff: Man in custody after traffic stop turned high-speed chase in Morgan County
- Morgan County sheriff: Laceys Spring traffic stop finds pills, paraphernalia
- 3 charged after Morgan County Sheriff’s Office traffic stop finds meth, pot, more
- Morgan County sheriff says 2 arrested after drugs found during traffic stop
- Morgan Co. sheriff: Traffic stop leads to chase, man arrested on multiple charges
- Suspect arrested during Morgan Co. traffic stop for narcotics, counterfeit money
- Former jail warden sues Morgan County sheriff
- Morgan County sheriff charges teen with rape
- Morgan County sheriff: Man caught during burglary