The Morgan County Sheriff’s Office says it has arrested a registered sex offender after learning he had firearms.
According to a post on the office’s Facebook page, Special Victims Unit investigators arrested John Alan Sivley, 22, of Somerville on Monday.
Sivley, a registered sex offender, was charged with probation violation-rape.
The post said a citizen reported Sivley for possessing firearms. An investigation found that he has 11 firearms.
Additional charges are pending as possession of firearms, by a convicted felon violates state and federal laws.
Visit the Morgan County Sheriff’s Office Sex Offender Registry here
- Morgan County sheriff: Sex offender found with 11 firearms, arrested
- Albertville police arrest sex offender
- Morgan Co. sheriff: 2 arrested after search nets heroin, marijuana, firearms
- Sex offender back in jail
- Marshall County sheriff: Convicted sex offender arrested for living in home with children
- Morgan County sheriff: Man reported missing found in Fayette, Alabama
- Morgan County Sheriff's Office: Man arrested after standoff in Danville
- 28 arrested in Morgan County Sheriff’s Office sweep
- Former jail warden sues Morgan County sheriff
- Morgan County sheriff charges teen with rape