According to the Morgan County Sheriff, Ana Franklin, the death of an inmate at the county jail, 27-year-old Heather Nicole Legg, has been reported.
Legg was in the jail on federal charges, and she was found unresponsive by corrections officers Sunday afternoon. The corrections staff performed CPR and a nursing staff responded immediately. CPR was maintained while Legg was taken by ambulance to the Decatur Morgan Hospital Emergency Room.
Legg died at the hospital from "undisclosed medical reasons." The Morgan County Sheriff’s Office asked the State Bureau of Investigation and U.S. Marshals to investigate the circumstances of her death.
- Morgan County inmate died from "undisclosed medical reasons"
- Morgan County Jail inmate dies
- Madison man identified as Morgan County Jail inmate who died
- Inmate escaped from Morgan County Jail
- Arab man dies in Morgan County wreck
- Morgan County woman dies in crash
- Man dies in Morgan County crash
- Morgan Co. inmate escapes work detail
- Escaped Morgan County inmate found dead in Florida
- Inmates accused of getting drugs in Morgan County Jail