Morgan County Sheriff’s Office deputies initiated a traffic stop for speeding on Interstate 65 early Tuesday morning.
The vehicle attempted to elude deputies travelling southbound at speeds in excess of 100 mph, said Mike Swafford, sheriff’s office spokesman.
The pursuit continued into Cullman County, where deputies from the Cullman County Sheriff’s Office joined in to help. The pursuit ended after Cullman County deputies deployed spike strips to disable the vehicle, Swafford said.
A search revealed a powdery substance that tested positive for cocaine as well as marijuana and additional synthetic narcotics, Swafford said.
Morgan County deputies arrested Deerika Michelle Alexander, 21, of Birmingham for attempting to elude, possession of drug paraphernalia, and possession of controlled substance – synthetic narcotics. Bond has been set at $1,600.
Swafford said Donantae Jamar Williams, 30, of Center Point was charged with attempting to elude and possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond has been set at $1,100.
Both suspects were transported to the Morgan County Jail. Additional charges are pending, Swafford said.
- Morgan County high-speed chase ends in arrests, drug bust
- 2 suspects arrested after high-speed chase in Morgan County
- Two men arrested in Morgan County drug bust
- 3 arrested in Morgan County meth bust
- Three arrested in Morgan County meth bust
- Morgan County deputies arrest woman after chase
- Suspect arrested after DeKalb County high-speed chase
- High speed chase ends at restaurant in Hampton Cove
- 2 arrested in Limestone County after suspected drug deal, high-speed chase
- 5 arrested in Etowah County drug bust