According to Barney Loveless, the attorney for the Decatur Morgan State Product Mart Authority, the Authority has agreed to sell the Morgan County fairgrounds, which are on 49 acres, for $1.4 million to Land Services LLC of Decatur.
The tentative date for the two parties to close on the property is February 15. The State Product Mart board will meet Thursday at 8:30 a.m. for a board meeting at Celebration Arena.
In addition to the Morgan County Fair, the fairgrounds are also home to the Daikin Festival and other community events.
For more information, click HERE.
- Morgan County fairgrounds to be sold for $1.4 million
- Morgan County Fair Chair: Fairgrounds sold after more than 60 years
- 1.4 million Ram pickups recalled for tailgate problems
- Sony has sold 100 million PS4 consoles
- Ford recalls 1.4 million cars because steering wheel can come off
- Morgan County deputies wreck update
- Morgan County honors fallen officers
- Winning ticket sold for $425 million New Year's jackpot
- Decatur-Morgan Hospital shows off $50 million renovation
- Decatur Morgan Hospital unveils its $6 million emergency department expansion