A student is in custody after the Morgan County Sheriff’s Office said it responded to the report of an alleged “hit list” at A.P. Brewer High School.
The sheriff’s office said the school is secure and additional deputies are on campus.
Mike Swafford, sheriff's office spokesman, said the student is younger than 16. The student is charged with making a terrorist threat.
We don't know exactly how many names were on the list, but the Morgan County Sheriff's Office said they're glad no one got hurt.
"It's about prevention. This is the ultimate outcome of this. Anything that could possibly have happened was prevented," Swafford said.
The investigation is ongoing.
The sheriff’s office said it appears this is not related to a Wednesday threat reported at the school. Swafford said that was not credible.
- Morgan County Sheriff’s Office: 1 in custody in ‘hit list’ probe at Brewer High School
- Morgan County Sheriff's Office creates Citizen Academy
- Sheriff: Man in custody after traffic stop turned high-speed chase in Morgan County
- Morgan County Sheriff's Office: Man in custody after search at Indian Hills Road, Bethel Road
- Morgan Co. sheriff's office reviewing trustee program
- Morgan Co. Sheriff's Office App Coming Soon
- Morgan County honors fallen officers
- Brewer High School senior charged with selling drugs
- Morgan County Sheriff's Office: Man arrested after standoff in Danville
- 28 arrested in Morgan County Sheriff’s Office sweep