The Morgan County Sheriff’s Office says an inmate was found unresponsive today in the jail’s medical unit.
Lifesaving measures were started and he was transported to Decatur Morgan Hospital, where he died.
Sheriff’s Office command staff and Coroner Jeff Chunn are on scene.
Chunn said the inmate was 44 years old. His identity is being withheld pending notification of next of kin.
An investigation is underway.
- Morgan County Jail inmate dies
- Madison man identified as Morgan County Jail inmate who died
- Inmate escaped from Morgan County Jail
- Inmate dies at Jackson County Jail
- Inmates accused of getting drugs in Morgan County Jail
- Community reacts after inmate found dead in Morgan County Jail
- Morgan County inmate died from "undisclosed medical reasons"
- Investigation under way after Madison County Jail inmate dies
- Former jail warden sues Morgan County sheriff
- Woman dies while being booked in the Morgan Co. Jail