Two Morgan County Sheriff’s Deputies were involved in a head-on collision according to Sheriff Ana Franklin. That crash happened around 7:40 Thursday night.
Sheriff Franklin made a post on social media around 1 Friday morning asking for prayers for deputies Caleb Brooks and Danny Kelso. Officials stated it was a head-on collision with another car and said the deputies were on duty at the time.
Investigators WAAY 31 spoke to said the crash happened along Highway 55 West and Huckaby Bridge Road in the Falkville area. According to investigators, the second car involved in the crash made a wide turn and hit the deputies head on.
WAAY 31 also learned from investigators deputy Deputy Kelso suffered multiple leg fractures and is waiting to have surgery at Huntsville Hospital.
Deputy Brooks received stitches and was released from Decatur-Morgan Hospital. The three other people involved in the crash were taken to hosptials in Decatur and Cullman. No word on their condition.
We are working to find out if there will be any charges in this crash.
- Morgan Co. sheriff's deputies involved in a head-on collision
- Morgan County deputy recovers after head-on collision
- Morgan Co. sheriff's deputies recovering after crash
- Morgan County deputies wreck update
- Morgan County sheriff says man fled from, fought deputies
- Morgan County Deputies discover Marijuana Grow
- Deputy involved shooting in Elgin
- Florence woman dies after head-on collision
- Former jail warden sues Morgan County sheriff
- Morgan Co. sheriff's office reviewing trustee program