Photo Gallery 1 Images
The Morgan County Sheriff's Office says a man is in custody on multiple charges after being pulled over by deputies for running a stop sign.
The sheriff's office says when the driver noticed the deputies attempting to stop him, he sped up and began driving erratically in an effort to get away, nearly hitting other vehicles. Deputies pursued the vehicle on Highway 231 in the Lacey's Spring community and into Marshall County, according to the department.
@MorganSheriffOffice on Facebook
The sheriff's office says the pursuit ended in a restaurant parking lot, and deputies arrested the driver, 47-year-old Tracy Owens from Arab. He was charged with attempting to elude, illegal possession of a prescription drug, drug paraphernalia and multiple traffic citations.
Owens was booked in the Morgan County Jail. His bond hasn't been set yet.
- Morgan Co. sheriff: Traffic stop leads to chase, man arrested on multiple charges
- Sheriff: Man in custody after traffic stop turned high-speed chase in Morgan County
- Morgan County man charged after deputies stop chase with Taser
- Morgan County sheriff: Laceys Spring traffic stop finds pills, paraphernalia
- Morgan County Sheriff's Office: Man accused of stealing guns arrested during traffic stop
- Traffic stop leads to drug arrest
- Multiple suspects arrested in Morgan Co. Sheriff's Office narcotics sweep
- 3 charged after Morgan County Sheriff’s Office traffic stop finds meth, pot, more
- Morgan County sheriff says 2 arrested after drugs found during traffic stop
- Morgan County sheriff: Man in jail after leading deputies on car, foot chase