UPDATE: (9:25 p.m.) The Morgan County Sheriff's Office says the shooting victim is out of surgery, but is in critical condition.
(4:21 p.m.) The sheriff's office has cleared the scene. The man who shot his neighbor will not be arrested right now, but the sheriff's office is continuing its investigation.
The Morgan County Sheriff's Office say deputies responded to a shooting that happened Friday around 1:30 p.m. in the 400 block of Bethel Circle in Hartselle.
According to the sheriff's office, the shooting was between two men believed to be neighbors. They say one man shot the other in the middle of the street with a handgun. The man who was shot was airlifted to Huntsville Hospital with serious injures, and he is in surgery.
The sheriff's office is interviewing the shooter, but he has not been arrested yet. Officials say the scene is secure, and they are investigating and getting more information from witnesses.
- Morgan Co. deputies investigating shooting on Bethel Circle in Hartselle
- Hartselle man arrested on rape charge by Morgan County deputies
- Morgan County deputies wreck update
- Morgan Co. sheriff's deputies recovering after crash
- Morgan County Deputies discover Marijuana Grow
- Morgan County deputies arrest woman after chase
- A Hartselle man is missing
- Hartselle bust uncovers heroin, meth
- Huntsville officers cleared in deadly Savoy Circle police shooting
- Morgan Co. sheriff: Hartselle woman used stolen card to buy designer shoes, inmate phone service