Photo Gallery 5 Images
The Morgan County Sheriff's Office says a female who said she had been bitten by a snake in the Cotaco Creek area is a 34-year-old woman, Chasey Marion of Somerville.
The sheriff's office previously tweeted that the female was a young girl.
Credit: Morgan County Sheriff's Office Facebook page
According to a sheriff's deputy, the woman was hiking in the woods off of Herman Bailey Road when she came upon a snake. The deputy says the snake scared her and when she fell into a creek, the snake fell with her. We're told she was screaming, and a woman heard and called 911.
The sheriff's office arrived to the area about an hour after the bite was said to have happened. The deputy says the woman kept the snake inside a sock so they could determine whether or not it was poisonous.
The sheriff's office says deputies swam across the creek to check her status and brought her back to shore, where they were met by Rescue Squad and EMS personnel.
The sheriff's office says the suspect provided false identification, and it was determined she had not been bitten by a snake. Officials say she'd been trespassing and had outstanding warrants in Morgan and Cullman counties.
The sheriff's office says the snake didn’t appear to be poisonous, but they took the woman to Decatur-Morgan Hospital just in case. She had a warrant for "Failure to Appear- Possession 2nd degree," so after she is done at the hospital, the sheriff's office says she’ll be taken to the Morgan County Jail.
- Morgan County sheriff: Woman's fake snake bite uncovers real warrants
- Snake bite paralyzes Alabama man
- Sweep of Morgan County Jail uncovers marijuana, illegal contraband
- Morgan County sheriff arrests ‘belligerent’ 911 caller after old warrant found during visit
- Morgan County sheriff charges teen with rape
- Morgan County Sheriff's Office creates Citizen Academy
- Former jail warden sues Morgan County sheriff
- Morgan County sheriff: Man caught during burglary
- Limestone County sheriff says fake deputies are real, social media post is false
- Hartselle bust uncovers heroin, meth