Scattered showers and a few thunderstorms are tracking through the Tennessee Valley through 7 PM this evening. Even after the bulk of the showers end, a few showers will still be possible through the night. A few of the storms will bring heavy rain. They can also bring lightning and 30 mph wind gusts.
More widespread rain is likely on Friday as a cold front approaches the Valley from the north. The rain will begin increasing between noon and 2 PM, and it will last through the evening drive. Severe thunderstorms are not likely, but a few stronger storms can produce some 30-40 mph wind gusts. The storms can bring heavy rain and frequent lightning. Rain will begin breaking up between 6 PM and 8 PM, but passing heavy showers are possible through the night.
Another round of widespread rain with a few thunderstorms will form on Saturday.
Temperatures will drop into the mid-to-upper 80s for highs. Lows will dip to near 70. Showers and storms will back off starting Tuesday. Temperatures will gradually climb through the 90s next week, and heat indices will climb well into the triple digits.
- More Widespread Rain & Thunder Friday
- Heavy Rain & Thunder Likely Friday
- More Heavy Rain & Thunder For Saturday
- Rain Grows More Widespread Thursday
- Widespread rain likely for the Friday morning drive
- Showers & Thunder On Tuesday, Then Drier
- Weekend storm system still on track to bring widespread rain
- Rain Begins Increasing Friday
- Tracking rain for Friday night
- Rain falls through Thursday & Friday