Talk about starting off the 80th AHSAA State Golf Tournment with a bang.
Randolph's Michaela Morard fired an 8-under 64 in the opening round of tournament on Monday.
No surprise that's good for the lead in the Class 4A/5A girls' division. However, it wasn't enough to propel the Raiders into the top spot in the team standings. Following play on day one, they trail only Northside, which shot 18-over 234 for the best round of the day among all the girls' teams in all classes.
Morard's record-setting performance featured 10 birdies, seven pars and a double boey on the first hole and also marks the best round of her prep career, beating out her previous personal best of 65.
Thank's to today's score, the Alabama commit has averaged 67.4 in five state-tournament rounds since 2015.
- Morard cards girls' tourney record 64
- Michaela Morard continues to impress
- SpaceX to launch 64 satellites in record-breaking mission
- AC/DC co-founder Malcolm Young dies at 64
- Lexington man killed in wreck on Alabama 64
- UAH beats Montevallo, barely misses GSC Tourney
- Card cloning hits Decatur
- Alabama releases school report cards
- Card skimmer scams strike Huntsville
- Alabama drops Auburn 6-4 in SEC Tourney opener