BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) - The Latest on the Alabama Senate race (all times local):
The wife of Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore is defending her husband against accusations of bigotry by pointing out that one of their attorneys "is a Jew."
Kayla Moore made the comment at a rally for her husband in rural Alabama Monday night.
She says the "fake news" has falsely accused her husband of being against women in office and black and Jewish people.
She adds: "Well, one of our attorneys is a Jew. We have very close friends who are Jewish and rabbis."
Kayla Moore says she wanted to clear the record for the large media presence at her husband's final rally before Tuesday's vote.
Alabama Republican Roy Moore is using his closing campaign rally to lash out at sexual misconduct accusations against him.
Speaking at a Monday night rally, Moore is urging his supporters to get to the polls Tuesday and calling the article that first raised allegations against him "disgusting."
Moore, 70, faces allegations of sexual misconduct involving teenage girls decades ago.
Moore says, "If you don't believe in my character, don't vote for me."
Moore, who was twice removed as state Chief Justice for thwarting court orders regarding the Ten Commandments and same-sex marriage, argued the nation must "go back to God."
He says, "I want America great and I want America good and we can't be good until we go back to God," Moore said.
About 50 protesters gathered outside Republican Roy Moore's final rally of the U.S. Senate race in Alabama.
The group on Monday night chanted "Country over party, vote Doug Jones" and "Don't let a pedophile in office."
Many carried Jones signs. Some women were dressed as handmaids - from the novel and TV drama "The Handmaid's Tale" - to symbolize Moore's accusers, whom they said are being silenced.
Moore has been accused of sexual misconduct with teenagers when he was in his 30s.
Christina Evans, 24, says being a GOP candidate in a Republican state should not excuse Moore's behavior.
- Moore's wife: 'One of our attorneys is a Jew'
- Wife of Alabama's Attorney General has died
- Roy Moore's 'Jewish' attorney practices Christianity
- Death of Attorney General Steve Marshall's wife ruled a suicide
- Moore's wife defends husband, says he will fight
- Alabama Attorney General Steve Marshall reflects on wife's suicide eight months after her death
- Monday at 6: Alabama Attorney General Steve Marshall discusses his wife’s suicide.
- Roy Moore's Wife: 'Ugliest politics that I've ever been in in my life'
- WATCH: Roy Moore's attorney calls for accuser to hand over yearbook
- U.S. Attorney: I'm not pursuing defamation cases in relation to Moore accusations