Preparations are well underway for this weekend's Monster Jam at the Von Braun Center. Crews spent time filling the arena with several dozens truckloads of dirt. That dirt is locally sourced , and will be used as eight monster trucks compete. And it's no easy task getting the VBC ready.
"We're bringing in about 1,000 of dirt. It takes about 8 hours to build this thing. And there's about 90 truckloads of dirt," Heather Lamere the tour coordinator.
Included in the competition will be the Grave Digger driven by Krysten Anderson the daughter of the original Grave Digger driver Dennis Anderson.
The show will be March 15th-March 17th. Tickets can be purchased at Ticketmaster.com.
- Monster Jam comes to the Von Braun Center
- Von Braun Center renovations delayed until April
- Von Braun Center adds security to arena
- Volunteers clean up Von Braun Planetarium
- Car found in water near Von Braun Center
- Construction to expand the Von Braun Center is on schedule
- Cyber Cup Challenge is underway at the Von Braun Center
- Florida man remembers Wernher von Braun, Huntsville lunar legacy
- Huntsville Havoc host first home game at the Von Braun Center
- Global Force Symposium and Exposition to be held at Von Braun Center