Photo Gallery 3 Images
A New Hope veteran is staying with a neighbor after losing everything he owns in a fire.
Multiple agencies responded to the mobile home fire in New Hope early Tuesday. The call came in about 1 a.m. for the fire on Spring Street, said Justin Cole, Keel Mountain Volunteer Fire Department spokesman.
The man was inside the mobile home but was able to crawl out. He lost his prosthetic leg and crutches. He said he was about to fall asleep when he saw flames coming out of his air conditioning unit.
The American Red Cross arrived to assist the man.
The home is a total loss, Cole said, and the fire burned through floors.
New Hope, Owens Cross Roads and Big Cove departments also responded to the fire, Cole said.
- Fire displaces New Hope veteran, destroys home
- Four displaced after fire destroys home in Tanner
- Dryer fire damages home, displaces family
- Fire displaces three from Madison County home
- Overnight fire destroys Toney home
- Fire destroys Hazel Green home
- New Hope Navy veteran recovering after losing home in fire
- House destroyed following fire at Florence home
- Fire destroys mobile home in Madison County
- Geraldine home, vehicles destroyed by fire