The group Leadership Huntsville/Madison County is hosting a private event Monday night for alumni and graduates to meet the owner of what may soon become Madison's new baseball team.
The evening will consist of a conversation with Ralph Nelson, co-owner of the Mobile Baybears, followed by a chance for Leadership Huntsville/Madison County alumni and graduates to meet and talk with Nelson afterwords.
The event is not open to the general public.
The event comes a day ahead of an important deadline for the negotiations to move the team to Madison.
For the city's part, they need to secure all financing for the multi-purpose venue.
Ballcorps, the company which owns the Baybears, needs to secure approval of the transfer from Major League Baseball, Minor League Baseball and the Southern League.
- Mobile Baybears co-owner in town for private meet and greet
- MLB approves sale of Mobile BayBears; relocation in question
- BayBears get permission to move to Madison
- BayBears sign 4-year contract with LA Angels
- BayBears sale finalized; owners looking at north Alabama as location option
- Baybears owner says North Alabama can support Minor League Baseball team again
- Baybears' deal is still not finalized after Madison City Council meeting
- The State of Alabama files lawsuit against private landfill owner
- City of Madison funds study to improve pitch to get Baybears
- Doug Jones speaks to hundreds at Huntsville town hall meeting