PRENTISS COUNTY, Miss (WTVA) - A utility worker was killed while repairing damage left behind by Tuesday night's severe storms, officials said Wednesday.
Prentiss County Electric Power Association General Manager Ronnie Rowland tells the Associated Press 36-year-old Jamie Guin died.
Rowland says Guin was a 13-year employee who appears to have touched a power line on which a tree had fallen, mistakenly believing it was de-energized.
Prentiss County is in east Mississippi about 45 miles from Colbert County, Ala.
- Mississippi utility worker killed while repairing storm damage
- County worker killed cleaning up storm damage
- Utility crews in Decatur working to repair damaged gas main
- Beware of storm damage repair scams
- Decatur Utilities water main repair impacting traffic
- Fayetteville scammers pretend to be utility workers
- Storm damage in Lauderdale County
- Storm damage reported in Sheffield
- Local utility workers help with Hurricane Florence recovery
- Nissan laying off workers at Mississippi factory