The first business is less than 24 hours away from opening at MidCity Huntsville, and developers are sharing new details on what's coming to the new development at the corner of University Drive and Research Park Boulevard.
The developer, RCP Companies, says it has finalized an agreement with a boutique hotel. This hotel will overlook a 38-acre park. The park will feature a 8,500-seat amphitheatre, trails and a lake and kayak center.
RCP Companies is also close to finalizing deals for four restaurants to locate in the area. While the company cannot share too many details, a spokesperson says one is backed by a country music act and will feature live music. The other three restaurants will be new to the Huntsville area.
Another developer is planning to build 380 residential units which will be above retail and restaurants coming to the development.
Besides Topgolf, MidCity is planning to offer more recreational activities including what's being called the "Adrenaline Zone." This will contain a 45-foot climbing wall along with an area for competitive events. The company says it expects to begin construction on this project in 2018. The company has also finalized a lease for a 26,000 sq ft family entertainment center which will also be under construction in 2018.
Topgolf is opening its doors Friday, and Chattanooga-based High Point Climbing and Fitness plans to open its rock climbing and fitness center in 2018.
Once complete, the $350 million development will contain more than 350,000 sq ft of retail, 150,000 sq ft of office space and more than 500 residential units.
- MidCity Huntsville announces new developments as Topgolf nears opening
- New hotel announced for MidCity Huntsville development
- Two new restaurants announced for MidCity development
- Bullets hit Birmingham's Topgolf
- This is when Topgolf will open its Huntsville location
- REI to open first Alabama store at MidCity development
- Topgolf is offering free class for women
- First restaurant announced for downtown Huntsville development
- Huntsville announces #GoPlayHsv Challenge
- Grand opening at Stovehouse development in Huntsville planned for Friday