Huntsville police say a 41-year-old Meridianville man was killed in a Friday night crash on Bob Wade Lane.
Nicholas Avila was pronounced dead at the scene, said Lt. Michael Johnson, Huntsville police spokesperson.
Johnson said at 10:44 p.m. Friday officers from the north precinct responded to a two-vehicle crash with entrapment on Bob Wade Lane west of Northgate Drive.
Johnson said the driver of the vehicle in which Avila was a front-seat passenger lost control of the vehicle while traveling west. A second vehicle was driving east and could not avoid a collision as the other vehicle entered his lane. The vehicle carrying Avila hit a concrete utility pole on the north side of the roadway.
Alcohol is believed to be a factor in the crash, Johnson said. He said forensic blood samples were taken from both drivers.
- Meridianville man dies in Huntsville crash
- Meridianville man killed in crash near Montgomery
- UPDATE: Huntsville Utilities restores power to Meridianville
- Company closing MedFlight Huntsville base in Meridianville
- Huntsville police charge man with murder in Meridianville man's death
- Man stabbed during argument in Meridianville
- Friend collects leftover pieces of crash after Meridianville man dies in motorcycle wreck
- Jeep overturns on Meridianville road
- Huntsville man dies in early Thursday crash
- New principal named for Meridianville Middle School