French-American fusion is on the menu Tuesday as the White House prepares for the Trump administration's first state visit.
French President Emanuel Macron and his wife, Brigitte, arrived in Washington Monday evening for a three-day visit, which will include a Monday evening helicopter tour of Washington's monuments and dinner at Mt. Vernon with President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump.
On Tuesday, the first couple will host a more formal traditional military arrival ceremony, where the Macrons will be greeted by nearly 500 members of the United States Armed Forces for a traditional "review of the troops." Attendees, per the office of the first lady, will include Cabinet secretaries, members of Congress and students from a French immersion school in Maryland.
But la pièce de résistance is Tuesday night's state dinner. The formal dinner will take place in the State Dining room of the White House, which can hold between 100 and 150 seated guests.
- Melania plans first state dinner for Macrons
- Macron calls Trump's tariffs decision 'illegal'
- Melania Trump masters the moment
- Melania Trump calls for immigration reform
- Plan Z: Improving State Highways
- Trump-Macron tree faces at least 2 years in quarantine
- Bruno Mars providing 24K Thanksgiving dinners
- Melania Trump undergoes kidney surgery at Walter Reed medical center
- Trump: Melania 'doing great' after recent kidney treatment
- Melania Trump says US should govern 'with heart'