Although her father could not attend her wedding because of health reasons, the new Duchess of Sussex will be making a trip to the US to visit him.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are expected to visit her father after their honeymoon.
The 36-year-old was devastated when her dad, Thomas Markle, announced that he was unable to walk her down the aisle after undergoing heart surgery in the U.S.
A source told The Sun newspaper: "Meghan and Thomas are both devastated he wasn't able to attend the wedding and have discussed seeing each other soon.
They also stated:
"They have been speaking all week, mostly by text. She has been worried about him and checking how he is regularly. Thomas has told other family members he hopes and expects Meghan and Harry to come to see him."
- Meghan Markle making a trip back to the US
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry expecting first child
- Prince Harry and actress Meghan Markle to wed next year
- How Meghan Markle will use her royal voice
- Bridesmaids revealed: Meghan Markle and Prince Harry announce bridal party
- Meghan Markle confirms her father won't attend royal wedding
- Meghan Markle's mother is having tea with the Queen
- Queen Elizabeth and Meghan Markle's first royal outing together
- The racist online abuse of Meghan Markle has put royal staff on high alert
- Huntsville volunteer group back from first trip to Lee County