State officials are holding a meeting Thursday night to update drivers on the plan to repair Highway 231 in Morgan County.
Officials with the Alabama Department of Transportation tell us a more concrete time frame will be presented at the meeting.
Both lanes of Highway 231 were closed almost a month ago. It's not clear exactly when the road will reopen, but officials say the excavation process alone can take up to two months. The state says crews need to dig at least 20 feet deep to rebuild the road.
The meeting is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. at Arab High School's auditorium. After a formal presentation, there will be an opportunity to ask questions.
- State holding meeting on Highway 231 construction in Morgan County
- Highway 231 construction delaying other road projects
- Morgan County Sheriff's Office catching speeders on Highway 231 detour
- State gives update on Highway 231 repair plan in Morgan County
- Morgan County deputies respond to hit and run report on Highway 231 detour
- Drivers trying to get used to detour at Highway 231 in Morgan County
- First phase of Hwy. 231 construction underway
- 18 Wheeler wreck on US Highway 231
- Highway 231 detours see Friday morning traffic
- Highway 231 shutdown impacts local business