Deborah Kenyon is officially the new principal at Tanner High School.
The school board announced the position Tuesday night.
Kenyon was the assistant principal last year and served as the interim principal while former principal Louis Gordon was on administrative leave.
The announcement comes less than a month after the school board voted to terminate Gordon's contract.
Gordon was put on leave in March due to the school's "culture and climate."
Kenyon said she's "honored" to be selected for the job.
- Meet Tanner High's new principal
- Tanner High School principal fired
- Tanner High School Principal was put on administrative leave
- Superintendent to weigh in on Tanner High School principal issue
- Tanner high school principal speaks out about getting fired
- NAACP holds press conference, wants justice for Tanner Principal
- Hazel Green High principal resigns
- New Tanner HS principal speaks about her plans this upcoming school year
- Tanner woman dies in crash