According to Karen Silas with the Alabama Medical Licensure Commission, the hearing on the future of Dr. Michael Dick's medical license started on Friday, March 29, and took most of the day, but they did not finish.
Silas said the hearing was continued to April 16 at 9:30 a.m. in Montgomery. She said Dick was arrested after the hearing was over.
The Morgan County Sheriff's Office says, on Friday, Dr. Dick was taken into custody by the Montgomery Police Department on a Morgan County felony warrant for first-degree sexual abuse. The Associated Press reports Dr. Dick was released on bail Saturday.
The Alabama Medical Licensure Commission met in October and ordered to suspend the medical license of Dr. Dick, a rheumatologist. Dr. Dick was required to attend the hearing on Friday.
Dr. Dick was found guilty of sexually harassing three of his former patients in Decatur Municipal Court in October of 2018, and he was sentenced to thirty days in jail and to pay a $500 fine for each count of harassment.
- Medical license hearing continued for Decatur doctor found guilty of sexually harassing former patients
- Hearing rescheduled for Decatur doctor found guilty of sexual harassment
- Decatur doctor's medical license suspended after being found guilty of sexual harassment
- UPDATE: Decatur doctor found guilty of harassment
- Decatur doctor found guilty of sexually harassing former patients arrested in Montgomery
- Medical license suspension hearing stayed for Decatur doctor charged with sex abuse
- Decatur doctor arrested on harassment charges
- Identity of nurses becomes focal point in sexual harassment lawsuit against a Decatur doctor
- Trial date set for Decatur doctor charged with harassment
- Decatur doctor sued by former patients over groping allegations