Birmingham firefighters are on the scene of a fire in downtown monitoring hotspots.
The ABC station in Birmingham reports the fire is burning in the Lakeview District. Fire officials said the fire started just after 12:30 Thursday morning. It was an unfinished apartment complex that caught fire which spread to a nearby law office. Fire officials told ABC 33/40 that about 80% of the apartment was finished. The power was cut to a nearby apartment complex, and 16 people were evacuated as a precaution.
The fire captain did tell the ABC station there that one firefighter was injured while fighting the flames. There were no other reported injuries. Officials said right now, it’s too early to tell how this fire started.
As this story develops we will be sure to update.
- Massive fire destroys a building and injures a firefighter
- Massive fire destroys Cullman County church
- Early morning fire destroys Huntsville apartment building
- Workers, firefighter, animals injured in Tennessee fire
- Powell firefighter injured, hospitalized after weekend fire
- Overnight fire destroys trailer
- Rogersville Volunteer Fire Department tackles massive fire
- Overnight fire destroys Toney home
- Fire destroys Hazel Green home
- Parts of Decatur church building destroyed by storm