A Marshall County man is behind bars after authorities said he sexually abused a child.
Dennis Ray Spann was indicted by a Marshall County Grant Jury on three counts of Sexual Abuse of a Child Under the Age of 12.
The Marshall County Sheriff's Office said its investigation was done jointly alongside the Marshall County Department of Human Resources and the Marshall County Child Advocacy Center.
Spann was booked into the Marshall County Jail on December 5, 2019, and is being held on a $35,000 bond.
According to court records, Spann made his first court appearance on December 6 and was issued a court-appointed attorney after filing an Affidavit of Substantial Hardship.
Spann's next court appearance has not been set.
- Marshall County man indicted on charges of sexually abusing a child younger than 12
- Marshall County man charged with sexually abusing child younger than 12
- DeKalb County man charged in sexual abuse of child younger than 12
- Athens man charged with sexually abusing child
- Marshall County man charged with child abuse, $100,000 bond set
- Marshall County sheriff charges Albertville man with sexual abuse of a child
- Madison County sheriff charges man with child sexual abuse
- Jackson County man in jail for sex abuse of child younger than 12
- Former sheriff's office investigator indicted for sexual abuse of child
- Marshall County sheriff: 5 charged in child abuse probe