Photo Gallery 3 Images
Marshall County authorities said they caught a burglar and made two drug arrests over the weekend.
The Marshall County Sheriff's Office said deputies and Grant police were called to Re-Mart Motors on Main Street Friday night in Grant after getting a report that a man was seen breaking into a vehicle there.
A short time later, authorities found the suspect, Danny Wayman Winston, 32, of Grant, on 10th Street West. Winston had items that had been stolen from the vehicle, they said.
Winston was charged with breaking and entering a motor vehicle. His bond was set at $7,500.
On Saturday afternoon, deputies stopped a vehicle on Blount Avenue in Guntersville for a traffic violation. A passenger in the vehicle, Jacob Alec Pylant, 27, of Athens, had methamphetamine, authorities said.
Pylant was charged with drug possession. His bond was set at $5,000.
Just before midnight Saturday, deputies noticed a vehicle in a parking lot of U.S. Highway 231 in Arab. When they stopped to investigate, deputies said they found Brantley Douglas Maze, 28, of Arab, in the vehicle with pills, marijuana and drug paraphernalia.
Maze was charged with drug possession, second-degree marijuana possession and drug paraphernalia possession. He was released from the Marshall County Jail on $4,500 bond.
- Marshall County authorities make weekend burglary, drug arrests
- Marshall County authorities seek help finding burglary suspect
- Marshall County sheriff: 3 arrested in history-making drug case
- PHOTOS: Marshall County authorities round up accused drug dealers
- Marshall County authorities look for missing woman
- Man arrested in Marshall County for truck theft, drug possession
- Dozens of Marshall County drug cases dismissed
- PHOTOS: DeKalb authorities announce drug arrests
- Marshall County sheriff wants help identifying burglary suspect
- Former corrections officer arrested in Marshall County