Assistant Chief Deputy Steve Guthrie with the Marshall County Sheriff's Office says a suspect, Mitchell Ellis from Gadsden, was arrested on Tuesday after a deputy saw an AR-15 assault rifle situated between his legs during a traffic stop in Guntersville.
According to Guthrie, a Marshall County deputy notice the rifle after he stopped Ellis for an expired registration. Ellis was then taken into custody.
Guthrie says the gun was loaded and had been stolen from a home in Albertville. Ellis told the deputy he knew the gun was stolen, and he was taking it back to the proper owner, Guthrie says.
- Marshall Co. sheriff: Man arrested after stolen AR-15 found between his legs
- Marshall County sheriff’s office arrests man on stolen motorcycle
- Sheriff: Marshall County man arrested after drugs found in truck
- Marshall Co. sheriff arrests man after finding stolen vehicle at Albertville home
- Marshall County sheriff’s son arrested, jailed
- Marshall County sheriff: Woman charged after syringes found in stolen Jeep
- Drugs, 41 guns, stolen truck found at Albertville home by Marshall County Sheriff’s Office
- Marshall County sheriff: Woman found with drugs, passed out in stolen car
- Marshall County sheriff arrests Huntsville man found with drugs at church
- Limestone Co. sheriff: Ardmore man arrested after stolen historical monuments found in storage unit