Photo Gallery 2 Images
A man is charged with murder after a body was found in a vehicle in Marshall County.
Crews responded on Jan. 26 around 5:10 p.m. to a suspicious fire at a mobile home on Simpson Point Road in Grant. The sheriff’s office says about 30 minutes later, deputies responded to a vehicle fire on Holcomb Ridge Road and found a body inside the vehicle.
Sheriff's office investigators, the State Fire Marshal’s Office and the coroner responded to the scene, and the body was sent to forensics for an autopsy.
The sheriff's office says autopsy results showed signs of blunt force trauma.
Corey Collier, 26, of New Hope is charged with the murder of Brandon Young, who is also from New Hope. Collier is being held in the Marshall County Jail on a $200,000 bond. He also has outstanding warrants with the New Hope Police Department.
The sheriff’s office says the two fires are related, but it can’t release how. The department also says the victim and suspect knew each other.
New Hope police, Grant and Swearingin fire departments, the Madison County Sheriff's Office, Grant police, the Marshall County District Attorney's Office and the Marshall County Coroner's Office were also involved in the case.
- Marshall Co. Sheriff’s Office finds body while responding to vehicle fire; murder suspect in custody
- Marshall County Sheriff's Office seeks check fraud suspect
- Madison County Sheriff’s Office: 3 of 4 suspects in Tuesday murder now in custody
- Madison Co. Sheriff's Office responds to murder-suicide
- Huntsville murder suspect in custody in Memphis
- Georgia murder suspect in custody after manhunt
- Marshall Co. sheriff arrests man after finding stolen vehicle at Albertville home
- DeKalb County Sheriff's Office wants help finding kidnapping suspect
- Marshall County Sheriff's Office says officers justified in shooting death
- Marshall County sheriff seeks help finding missing man