WASHINGTON (AP) - President Donald Trump's former campaign chairman is suing special counsel Robert Mueller and the Justice Department.
Paul Manafort alleges in the lawsuit that Mueller exceeded his authority by investigating him for conduct that was not related to Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.
Manafort was indicted in October and has pleaded not guilty.
The suit was filed Wednesday in federal court in Washington.
Manafort's lawyer did not immediately return a call seeking comment, and a spokesman for Mueller's office declined to comment.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
1/3/2018 2:41:08 PM (GMT -6:00)
- Manafort sues Mueller, Justice Department over Russia probe
- Special Counsel Robert Mueller concludes Russia probe, sends report to Justice Department
- New charges filed against Manafort in Russia probe
- Justice Department may sue Alabama over 'severe' prison problems
- Fate of special counsel's Russia probe
- Russia probe is close to being completed
- Congressional Russia probes likely to head into 2018
- Trump Jr: Can't recall discussing Russia probe with father
- Giuliani: Briefing may prompt calls to end Russia probe
- Prosecutor: New charges possible in Russia probe leak case