An Alabama man that was on Tennessee's most-wanted list has been captured in Mobile, authorities said Monday.
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said Joseph Ray Perkins of Vance in custody after escaping last week from authorities just outside Nashville.
Perkins was taken into custody by authorities Thursday in Williamson County, Tenn., but escaped from custody after arriving at the county jail, authorities said.
UPDATE: Wanted Top 10 fugitive Joseph Perkins has been captured by law enforcement officers in Mobile, Alabama.
Thank you for helping us to spread the word! pic.twitter.com/mvFwBeRjlP
— Josh DeVine (@TBIJoshDeVine) July 2, 2018
Perkins faces charges of reckless endangerment with a deadly weapon, felony escape, evading arrest with a motor vehicle and theft over $10,000.
- Man wanted by Tennessee authorities caught in Mobile
- Authorities locate missing boy in Elkton, Tennessee
- Tennessee Valley Authority preps for more rain
- Tennessee Valley Authority wants you to conserve energy Tuesday and Wednesday night
- Coalition wants college opportunities for Tennessee inmates
- Authorities: 2-year-old girl from Mississippi found safe in Mobile
- Tennessee Valley Authority's new gas plant is ready to go
- Supreme Court: Tennessee Valley Authority can be sued
- Wanted Huntsville, Madison County drug suspect caught in DeKalb County
- Police: Tennessee man reported killing his wife