A man died Wednesday evening after he was tased by an Etowah County Sheriff's Office deputy, authorities said.
The incident happened around 5 p.m. at the sheriff's office, when authorities said a woman entered the office and said a man was in the parking lot causing a disturbance and harassing people.
Two deputies found the man about to enter the sheriff's office and after talking with him, authorities said a physical altercation began. During the altercation a Taser was used.
The man was taken to an area hospital where he died, according to the sheriff's office.
An autopsy will be performed to determine how he died. His name has not been released.
Oxford Police Department investigators were called in to work on the case, the sheriff's office said.
- Man tased by Etowah deputies dies
- Man in Etowah County dies after deputies use stun gun
- 5 arrested in Etowah County drug bust
- Etowah County men charged with rape
- Etowah County man arrested for possession of child pornography
- DeKalb Co. sends deputies to Calhoun, Etowah Co. after storm damage
- Etowah woman charged with using drugs while pregnant
- Driver tased, arrested following early morning chase
- Hazel Green man tased, charged after Marshall County chase
- Two suspects arrested in Etowah County following multi-agency drug investigation