A man was rescued Monday morning from an SUV submerged in water in Huntsville-annexed Limestone County.
It happened on Brownsferry Road. According to Frank McKenzie with Huntsville Fire and Rescue, the call came in at 3:45 a.m. when someone saw the headlights in the water.
McKenzie says the caller could hear the man screaming for help. Crews put on lifejackets and put a ladder in the water to get the man out.
There were air pockets in the car the man used to breath. He said he had been in the water for two hours.
We're told the man was not injured. It’s unknown if he was taken to the hospital.
- Man rescued from SUV submerged in water in Huntsville-annexed Limestone County
- Woman drowns after car submerged in Lauderdale County flood waters
- Huntsville man killed in Limestone County crash
- Car submerged in Elk River
- Home submerged in water at Ricks Lane in Spring Valley
- Huntsville man charged in Athens, Limestone County armed robberies
- Huntsville in discussion to annex 650 acres of riverfront property in Morgan County
- Huntsville City Council approved annexation of 650 acres in Morgan County
- Lauderdale County responding to multiple water rescues
- Woman saved in Madison County water rescue