AUBURN, Ala. (AP) - A man reported missing in Alabama has been found dead.
Auburn Police received a 911 call Wednesday from a family who stated they had located a family member who had been missing since Monday.
WTVM-TV reports authorities identified the body found in a culvert as 67-year-old Charlie Lee Macon, of Auburn.
Lee County Coroner Bill Harris pronounced Macon dead at the scene. His body was taken to the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences in Montgomery for an autopsy to determine the cause of death.
The family had been searching for Macon who often walked the highways picking up cans. When they noticed some bags with cans on the side of the road, they stopped and found him in the culvert. Macon apparently fell about 8-9 feet (3 meters) to the concrete below.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
11/16/2017 4:06:01 AM (GMT -6:00)
- Man reported missing in Alabama found dead
- Morgan County sheriff: Man reported missing found in Fayette, Alabama
- Alabama man, 43, found dead in cell hours after arrest
- Florence police: 19-year-old man reported missing found safe
- Alabama AMBER Alert: 2-year-old girl reported missing was found safe
- Alabama inmate who killed 2 found dead in prison infirmary
- Alabama agency: Councilman found dead killed woman then self
- Update: Arab police locate man reported missing
- UPDATE: Missing Bessemer man found safe
- Missing Guntersville pilot found dead in FL wreckage