SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Officials say a man killed himself in front of hundreds of passengers at San Francisco International Airport after jumping from a mezzanine level to a baggage area.
KGO-TV reported that the San Mateo Coroner identified the man as 53-year-old Dale Finn of South San Francisco. Witnesses told the television station that they heard a loud commotion before seeing the man fall in Terminal 3 around 8:45 a.m. Monday
There was no indication if the man was a traveler or an employee.
The San Mateo Sheriff's Office is investigating.
Information from: KGO-TV.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
5/21/2018 8:08:11 PM (GMT -5:00)
- Man kills himself at San Francisco airport in mezzanine jump
- San Francisco blast, fire ignites 5 buildings
- San Francisco mayor signs ban on e-cigarettes sales
- Body found in fish tank in missing man’s San Francisco home
- Oakwood students and staff involved in deadly San Francisco bus crash
- Oakwood University students perform hours after deadly crash in San Francisco
- Oakwood University looking to help victim's family after deadly crash in San Francisco
- Huntsville church looking to help Oakwood University students after fiery bus crash in San Francisco
- San Francisco could become the first US city to ban e-cigarette sales