A man is dead after he was hit on the tracks when a train came through the crossing near Ryland Pike and Dug Hill Road.
A spokesperson for Huntsville Emergency Medical Services Inc., Don Webster, told WAAY 31 the call came in at 7:18 p.m. on Sunday. Officials couldn't release the man's name, age or where he is from.
State Troopers and railroad police are investigating.
- Man killed by train in Madison County
- Cousin remembers man killed by son in Madison County
- A fatal motorcycle crash kills a man in Madison County
- Investigators: Madison County inmate killed himself
- Update: Bicyclist killed in Madison County wreck
- Madison County Schools administrators get advanced first aid training
- Madison County Sheriff correction officers graduate from training program
- Madison man turns 100
- Madison County Tiger walk
- Man hurt in Madison County garage fire