A 27-year-old from Birmingham, Wesley Glenn Bost, fell through the ceiling at a Waffle House in Tuscumbia Sunday morning.
Tuscumbia Police say surveillance video shows Bost went into the bathroom, locked himself in and tied his blue jeans to the door. He then climbed into the ceiling and fell through. They said he did a lot of damage to the restaurant and broke the sink and toilet.
Wesley Glenn Bost
After Bost fell through the ceiling, jumped into his car and police chased him. He then left the car and fled on foot. Police are getting warrants on him for the damage caused at the Waffle House.
"The damage was very consistent with what you would see with storm damage. There was insulation everywhere. There were ceiling tiles broken, and they were scattered throughout the business," said John Woodrum, an officer who arrived at the scene Sunday.
After he fell through the ceiling, police say he took off, but not without leaving his license in his pants pocket at the Waffle House. Investigator Wes Holland said he saw the suspect trying to run away.
"As the car passed me I was able to look and I saw that it was the car," said Holland.
Woodrum said customers were enjoying the moment.
"They were laughing and taking pictures. It's not everyday they go to eat lunch and somebody climbs through the ceiling and falls through," said Woodrum.
Police said Bost could be charged with criminal mischief.
WARNING: The Facebook post below contains profanity.
- Man falls through ceiling at Waffle House in Tuscumbia
- Waffle House shooting victims identified
- Waffle House hero visits Huntsville
- Tuscumbia escaped inmate recaptured
- Bare buns: Half-naked woman falls through Cook Out ceiling
- Fifth man charged in 2016 Tuscumbia murder
- Tuscumbia man charged with sodomizing child
- Tuscumbia man killed in Muscle Shoals wreck
- Tuscumbia man killed in motorcycle crash
- Tuscumbia man killed in two vehicle crash