An Elkmont man is facing charges after Decatur police said he used counterfeit money to buy a handgun.
Chad Everett Malone, 26, was charged with criminal possession of a forged instrument and second-degree theft.
Decatur police said Malone met a Hartselle resident at the Hardee's on 6th Avenue NE in Decatur Nov. 20 to buy a handgun. Police said after the transaction, the victim realized the money was counterfeit.
Limestone County Sheriff's Office deputies found Malone Thursday and took him to the Decatur Police Department.
He was jailed on $7,500 bond.
- Man charged with using counterfeit money to buy gun
- How to spot counterfeit money
- Man arrested for printing counterfeit money
- Huntsville police: Man shot after trying to buy drugs with counterfeit money
- Madison county man pleads guilty; tried to buy gun with counterfeit cash
- Huntsville Police arrest suspect on counterfeit money charges
- Investigation into counterfeit money leads to arrest
- Decatur Police seeing increase in counterfeit money
- Decatur police seek counterfeit money suspects
- Police identify man wanted for passing counterfeit money