A Bessemer man threw an exercise weight into a car Saturday, killing his 2-year-old daughter.
Ira Reid, 38, of Bessemer, is charged with murder, throwing a dangerous object into a vehicle, second-degree domestic violence and third-degree domestic violence.
Jefferson County Sheriff's Office deputies said Reid and the girl's mother were arguing around 11:30 p.m. Saturday, according to Birmingham ABC affiliate ABC 33/40. The child was sitting in the car.
When the woman got into the car to leave, authorities said Reid threw an exercise weight through the window, hitting the child in the head.
Reid was arrested at the scene and admitted to the crime, authorities said.
He's in the Jefferson County Jail on bonds totaling $165,000.
- Man charged with throwing weight through window, killing 2-year-old daughter
- Mom accidentally shoots and kills 2-year-old daughter
- Georgia mother admits to killing her 2-year-old daughter
- Tuscaloosa man charged with killing daughter
- Father kills man who attempted to enter daughter's bathroom stall
- Family grieves daughter killed by drunk driver
- Limestone County man charged with resisting deputies, kicking out patrol vehicle window
- 2-year-old child fatally shot in Birmingham
- FAA investigating Southwest over baggage weight data
- Weight Watchers is getting crushed by keto